Thursday, February 6, 2014

Twenty-Five Weeks

I have officially been asked by a stranger when I am due.
(happened so much sooner then with the other two)
Which means I am officially...big!
 
 
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 25.5 Weeks

Size of baby: She is the size of a zucchini! About 13 1/2 inches long and at my ultrasound a few days ago she weighed 1 lb 13oz

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10 pounds

Belly button in or out: Still in but getting flatter by the day

Maternity Clothes: At home I live in my yoga pant and maternity leggings. I have a few maternity shirts I love but can mangage with most my shirts still. I did just buy a few more shirts though!

Movement: She is such a mover! During ultrasounds she really moves, makes it tough for them to get all the measurements.

Sleep: Once I get the heartburn under control I have been sleeping pretty great.
What I miss: Being able to drink as much coffee as I would like!
Cravings: Baked potatoes still and buffalo anything!
Queasy or Sick: Heartburn is my nemisis
Best Moment this week: Seeing baby girl on again. Especially seeing her heart as perfect as can be along with all her other organs. She even gave us a yawn. So cute. 
Worst Moment this week: (technically not this week but last friday)  Having my doctor tell me that she seen a spot on baby girls heart. 
 
 
I mentioned before that baby girl has a 2 vessel cord rather than 3. Having this can be a sign that there are other problems going typically with the heart or kidneys. My doctor thought it would be good to have me see a specialist just to double check that everything is indeed okay. She had noticed a small spot on her heart and since her ultraounds can't take a deeper look into her heart we had to go to the specialist. We went to the specialist on Tues and are happy to report that baby girl has a beautiful heart. Everything looks amazing and they are calling an isolated case of a two vessel cord.
This made me breathe easy.
We will still have to watch her growth especially toward the end of pregancy. I will have to do fetal monitoring every week after 36 weeks. My doctor typically plans on inducing a week early but I am hoping she looks good enough not to. I really really didn't want to be induced this last time. I was looking forward to going into labor on my own. But if baby girl needs to be here early that is what we will do. As of now she is growing like a weed! So much in fact my doctor changed my due date. Almost a whole week earlier! So now the little miss is due May 17 instead of the 23rd.
 
And last but not least our little one has a name! YAY! Only we have decided to not make it public until she has arrived. So sorry folks you will have to wait until she is here! =)

No comments: