Friday, January 13, 2012

Home.

The girls are all tucked in for the night. 
Boxes are EVERYWHERE.
Nothing is in its place any longer.
My house is becoming empty.


        Tomorrow is the big pack up day. Rick, Mike and Donny are coming to help load up all my boxes with all my things that have filled my little house for 2 years now. 


I will be packing up all my memories that our little family has shared here.
I remember the first night like is was yesterday, the smell, the excitement.
Our 1 year anniversary
I remember finding out I was pregnant with Rikki.
I remember our very first Christmas,
Bringing Rikki HOME.
Our last christmas.
All the football sundays
And all the family dinners.
I am going to miss this place.


2 years may not seem like a long time but we celebrate a lot of firsts here. I know that home is where is the heart is. I know that we will make new memories in a new home but I think this little house in Maricopa will always hold a special place in my heart. 


So now I am going to go to bed, in my house
one last time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. That's sad, but exciting all at the same time! Good luck!