Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wedding Challenge #3 and #4

3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.

Ah the proposal.
Corey did a great job here. I had just gotten home from work and Corey asked if I would like to go to a baseball game. I told I would but we had NO money so that wasn't a very good idea. He said oh we are fine lets go. Dad already said he would watch Kai. I argued with him about it for a bit and decided he would just not let up on it. So fine we would go. 
During all this he had snuck outside and called my dad.
So off we went. While walking to the diamond he kept making me stand on one side. He would not let me stand on the other which I found odd. But didn't think anything of it.
We went on in and the game started. 
They were playing the Cubs. 
During the 4th inning Corey stood up and I was watching the pitcher warm up so I didn't see him then when I looked over he got down on one knee and said,"Baseball is what brought us together..... (don't really remember the exact middle part) I love you, will you marry me?" 
Of coarse I said YES! 
Then he showed me the ring.
Which I LOVED.
Then he said, "now we can go get something to eat."
haha
He was so nervous that he couldn't eat. I thought it was so cute. 
so perfect.
I was totally surprised! NO idea!
Oh and it was July 22, 2008


We were engaged for almost 8 months before we tied the knot.

4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!

My ring was a total surprise. Not at all like the ones we had looked at. I thought I wanted a princess cut diamond but was open to other options. He picked it out without me knowing a thing.
It is three diamonds totally 1ct and they are the circle cut diamonds. 
I love it.

His ring we both picked out. No way was I going to try and pick it out on my own. He was never worn a ring and he is one picky man.
(he doesn't even wear his wedding ring now because of his job)
It is black tungsten I believe with lines around it. Hard to describe but I love it! 



No comments: