Tuesday, May 22, 2012

        We had one sick baby on our hands this last week. Last Wednesday miss Rikki woke up with a fever. I assumed it was her ear again so we made an apt to go to the doc that afternoon. When she woke up from her morning nap her fever was higher and she had a little bit of a rash on her feet and hands. I knew pretty much right away it must be hand foot and mouth disease but I was praying not! So 3:30 finally came and off to the Doc we went. By the time we got there the rash was worse and I knew that is what it must be. Sure enough
Hand Foot and Mouth Disease 
along with a terrible ear infection. 
         The doc decided to give her a shot of Rocephin instead of having her take antibiotics for 10 days. This shot was terrible. My poor baby cried for 20 minutes after and kept grabbing at her legs. Made my heart hurt. Little did I know that would be nothing for what was to come.
         The next couple days were horrible. She would not eat or even really move for the most part. The only place she would sleep was in my arms. And even then it was restless. She would wake up and put her little hands over her mouth and just start crying and shaking. Blisters began to pop up everywhere. Her feet and mouth got it the worst but her hands were covered too. She was miserable and there was nothing I could to do help her. It was the worst. But now a week later the rash is starting to heal and our little monkey is back to herself and making up for all her meals lost. =


And the timing was terrible. Corey's Momma was in town (She brought us our NEW CAR!!) and We didn't get to see her as much as we would have liked. But we lOVE you MOMMA glad we got to see you at least a little bit and thank you for driving the car out!


This is how we spent 3 days








 This was one of the worst days. I think it only got a little bit worse...

My heart goes out to all those families with sick kids. This week was so hard for me and was nothing compared what some go through and for weeks/months/years,
I think we all take for granted having healthy kids. This just made me be thankful for ALL the wonderful healthy days we usually enjoy.

No comments: