Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's a goner...

I forgot to post about my fun trip home from AZ. Me and the girls got all packed up and loaded up to head home. Things were going smoothly and the first leg of the trip going well. We were about 1 1/2 hours out of PHX and about 11 miles from the next town. Both girls had just fallen asleep. 
I was jammin to some tunes when a LOUD POP, bang, CrAsH happened. Both girls woke up and I quickly pulled over. What the h***???

.BLOWOUT.

My front left tire was TOAST. 
And with it went my rear view mirror and the side of the truck took a beating. 

Luckily there was a guy across the freeway that heard it happen and came to help. My spare was flat so he took it back to the atv place and fill her up. And I have an amazing father in law and mother in law who were willing to come help if needed. Yes I know how to change a tire but never done it on a truck with two crying kiddos before. Lucky for me there are still good people in the world that come to help =) Any way an hour later we were back on our way and made it home with no other problems. Thank goodness. 



I just feel so blessed that nothing happened because of this. We were on a mountain, windy road and where it happened just happened to be on a straight road and across from a random business. If it was going to happened it happened in the best place and us girls were all safe so that is ALL that matters.... 

It scared the heck out of me that is for sure.

No comments: