Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A LONG but short weekend.

We LOVE long weekends
(as I am sure everyone else does)

But for us this is usually our only chance to get away
(considering my husbands lame work only gives a week vaca)

So on Wednesday my hubs and his pops decided we should go camping. Only everywhere in AZ you pretty much have to reserve a spot in a lame campground so that was out. So we decided to go to Colorado to the family cabin. Its about a 7-8 hour drive. So on Friday after our men got of work we loaded in the car and were off.
( I was a little anxious to see how Rikki did on the drive considering I am supposed to be heading to Utah in a few weeks all alone with 2 kids. )
We made it to F-town by 12:30 and the kids did great!
So Saturday morning we visited, went to Zeke's baseball game and did our rounds.
We were out of Farmington around 2 and on our way to the cabin.
Well about 30 minutes into our drive our car decided to die.
Lovely.
So my handy dandy hubs and Fil started to tinker with car. Hoping it was just the fuel filter so we could clean it and at least make it to the cabin. Well we did get it started after an hour or so and started to head out again. Only to make it ah 1/2 a mile.
It was toast.
Fuel pump it needed.
So we towed her back to Farmington and gotter fixed up at Grandpa Jim's shop.
It put a damper in our time but we still decided to go. We made it to the cabin around 9:00 and got all set up.
So we made it. We only had one full day that was extremely windy but we had a great time. And Miss Rikki did great! And Kai had a BLAST! You should have seen Kai climb the mountain. She rocked it! I myself had trouble haha
I didn't get many pictures... The wind made things difficult

We just love our new tent!
(christmas present [:)

Rikki looked oh so cute in her overalls! It made her look so BIG!

All in all it ended up great. We are so glad we still went and had a wonderful time.
I think the car breaking down was a blessing in disguise. I mean at least we did have someone there behind us to help. What if it would have went out on my way to Utah, all alone. Now that would have been scary or even on the freeway here with 2 kiddos in the 100 degree weather. So I guess I will look on the positive and say it is good that that is when it decided to die on us!

No comments: