Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mama's Day

{mother} noun: a female parent

Wow how easy it is to be defined as a mother.
Yet just giving birth does not make you a mom.
A mom is so so much more.

I have the most wonderful mother. She raised 5 wonderful kiddos (in my opinion) and made it through some rough rough times. She was a very young mother and still managed to pull through. She is patient, kind, loving, an example, strong and so much more. She is my mom first but my best friend second. Living so far has been so rough but I think it makes me appreciate her so much more.

One HOT mama!
Gosh she is beautiful!
I hope I age as wonderfully as she! (and so does Corey!)

::4 generations::
Two wonderful examples

My mama with Rikki
I do not know what I would have done without her here when Rikki was born!

The family she raised

You don't realize how lucky are to have a good mom until later in life I think. I now realize how much work it is to me a mama and I am not even to the teen years! I hope I can be as great of a mama as she is to us!

Now I am lucky enough to have three other mama's in my life!
I have the most amazing in laws and am so lucky to have married into such a loving and great family.

Corey's momma is so fun and is always there if we need her. We so miss not seeing her more and am looking forward to her visit here on Thursday! You will not go a moment without laughing while with Vonnie and I felt so comfortable with her since the first time we met.
(which was her picking me up for the airport and just her and I driving the 5 hours to Arcata! We got to know each other real quick! I won't lie I was scared lol but it ended up being wonderful!)
I love you momma so much! I am so blessed you raised such an amazing man!

And Monica, she is such a big help and has been since day one! She was a big support to during my pregnancy with Kai and was/is always there to talk or vent to! She does so much for us and we don't tell her thank you enough! She helps fill that void of not having my mama here. I love you Monica thanks for ALL you do for us!

And Faith Ann! She and my dad have been together for over 10 years and she does a lot for us. She put up with me and Corey living there for 6 months and most of all she puts up with my dad! haha She is such a great grandma and is always doing things with kids. What a help she when the were here after Rikki was born! Love you Faith and miss you!

I just LOVE all my moms and feel so blessed to have them all in my life!

Now I have not 1 but 2 little ladies that I get to a mommy too and feel so blessed to have them. This mothers day was so wonderful with both of them and with my sweet Kai telling me Happy Mothers Day all day long. They are seriously the light of my life and my reason for living. They are both so sweet and even though these 3's are challenging with a newborn I would never trade it for the world.
I love you Kaiya and Rikki and hope you will be proud to call me your mama!


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
to all you mothers out there!
Being a mom is hard work but so very rewarding!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Umm...you are the cutest mom ever. Happy mommy's day Dani.