Wednesday, May 25, 2011

a few weeks ago. . .

Behind!?
Yes indeed I am!

So one of my Besties came to visit the last weekend in April! It was so wonderful to have her come. We had not been able to spend much time together since our college days so it was much needed. She flew in Thursday night and I was feeling great! We stayed up and visited for a couple hours but around 12 I forced myself to go to bed.
(we could have stayed up for hours!)
Around 2 I woke up feeling like I REALLY needed to feed Rikki. Only she was still snoozing I tried to just go back to sleep but it wasn't happening.
Around 3 Rikki finally stirred so I just made her wake up so I could nurse her! She nursed for a bit and then was back asleep. I still felt to full so I went on to pump. While pumping
(and hardly getting anything)
I felt so cold!
(which is odd considering our a/c was broke at the time and it was so not cold.)
I finished pumping and could NOT get warm.
I knew exactly what going on.

MASTITIS.
again.
and BAD.

Needless to say I did not get any sleep.
Tried a bath and meds but I was miserable.
Just my luck.
(me and cait have terrible luck with sickness.)
I get my friend here for the first time and I get sick. Needless to say we had a pretty laid back weekend as I was not much fun. But what a help she was and we got lots of chatting in! We also watched the UFC fights and Cait took some quick pictures of our family!
Thanks so much for everything Cait!
Sorry I was such a dud I promise to make it up to you some how.
Oh and I hope I didn't scare you to bad with nursing.
Poor thing is getting ready to have a baby and there I am bawling everytime I nurse.
But things are easy breezy now I promise!

No comments: