Oh my oh my has it really been two weeks ALREADY!?!?! Miss Rikki was 2 weeks yesterday! I cried haha (totally these crazy hormones) I just cannot believe how fast time flies!
We have had a crazy 2 weeks that is for sure. The last of our company actually left this morning so this is my first day having it just be me and my girls. It is weird. But wonderful. I was so lucky to have most of my family here. After my mama and Ree left my sista Sha came and then a few days after that my dad and Faith were able to come. It was so wonderful having then here and getting some much needed family time in. And Kaiya had a BLAST! I am so thankful for all the help they all were I just don't know how I would have done it without them!
Now about Miss Rikki...
She is growing like a weed!
A week ago today she was back to 8 pounds to now she should be about 8lbs 7oz or so! This little one LOVES to eat! And nursing is going so good. (nothing like Kaiya) I mean I am not out of the pain zone but I actually have milk and NO mastitis! YAY! To be honest I feel like a little moo cow at the moment, but it is oh so exciting when you pump and get ounces and ounces of milk! My stock is a growing that is for sure!
{I had MOST of this blog written on Thursday BUT I spoke WAY to soon and by Thursday night I was super sick! So off to the Doc I went on Friday and guess what I was lucky enough to get! MASTITIS! Yup that terrible infection hit me again. But I am do MUCH MUCH better and I caught it early enough this time that it wasn't near has bad as with Kaiya}
She is starting to be awake more. I love her awake time!
She loves LOVES her tummy!
She is so so strong!
always holding her head up and kicking.
She has a major obsession with her hands.
It makes it hard to feed her
She is so loud!
grunts, moans, snorts, deep breathing, snores
I just love all her noises
She has two dimples
She loves her binkie
I love when she makes her mouth into a little O
She somewhat enjoys her bath
Had her first one at 12 days old!
Her belly button fell off at 10 days
She loves her mommy
and sleeps so much better if I just hold her...
to bad that is impossible.
She does really well in her carseat
As long as she has movement she is good to go...
She had her 1st blowout on Daddy
(and I am sure not the last)
She has been fed on 100% breastmilk so far
(I feel so proud of that one)
She looks A LOT like Kaiya did
But is coming into her own look
She gets the hiccups at least 3 times a day
She is such a precious little thing that we all just LOVE.
She is a special addition to our family and we cannot imagine our lives without her! Now if she would just STOP growing so fast! And Kaiya need to slow down too!!
(Yes yes lots and lots of pictures to follow!)
Kaiya is still LOVING being a big sister and she is good at it too! What a big helper she is!
This is Rikki's first time having a bottle (of breastmilk) She did so good and it was good for daddy to have a little bonding time.

This is her at her official 2 week mark!
Time is just FLYING by I tell you!
No comments:
Post a Comment