Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rikki's Birth Story...


::WARNING::
Super LONG post!


Ahh the much awaited post.
I have been totally busy (but not really) just occupied, you know just staring at that beautiful little girl that we created. And visiting with my family of coarse.
So here you have Miss Rikki MaRee's Birth story...

It all really started days and days before. As most of you know I was having lots and lots of contractions but nothing to to regular. Well on Saturday they started and as luck has it (so we thought) mom and Ree were headed this way. Well they got to AZ around 1:00 so around 3 with contractions being about 5 minutes apart we headed to the hospital to see what was up. We got there got all set up and was still at a 3 so we went a walking well after being checked again no change so we were sent home... sad sad day. Well Sunday came and so did the contractions. They were only 3 minutes apart and were really starting to hurt so I woke up the hubs at one in the am and off we went. They checked me, still a 3, so they sent me home. by this time I was frustrated I had no idea when I was supposed to actually go in since they kept sending me home. So I called my Doc and changed my apt to Monday. So after a day at the Zoo and some intense walking I headed to the doc. I get there and I am a "good" 5!! Whaa Hoo!!! So I asked her if I could set up an induction day just in case I didn't have her soon. So that she did for Wednesday! I was so excited. Fast forward to Wednesday.....

Wednesday morning we headed to the hospital.
I was still having contractions on my own so I figured with a little pit things would get going. So we get there and get all checked in. Well before they would start the pit I had to have two bags of antibiotics. Which would take four hours! GRRR So that got started.
Around 9:30 or 10 I was trying to take a nap and all the sudden I felt a gush of water! I call the nurse and she comes in and gets me up and sure enough I stand up and here comes some water! My water broke all on its own!! YAY! It was still exciting even though I was already at the hospital. So noon comes and the pit gets started. I was having contractions before but this just intensified things. I ended up getting my epidural around 2 or 3 I think and it was just relaxing and visiting from there.


Just a waiting

So around 6 she said I was complete and called the doc.

After a whole one push/one contraction
(talk about a baby ready to get here!)
Miss Rikki MaRee Imel
was born into the world
at 6:17 P.M. on March 30th
weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces
and
19 inches long.
She was just perfect.
(the doc predicted she would only be 6 1/2 to 7 pounds but boy was she wrong!)

Getting ready to push
SHE"S HERE!




Kaiya meeting her new sister!

Daddy holding her for the first time


It was so wonderful!
At the hospital I delivered at they lay the baby on your chest and don't just wisk her away.
She laid with me for close to an hour and then just had a quick bath and was back to me.
It was so great and different than with Kaiya.


Kai kept just saying how cute she was and was oh so excited.

Grandma Sue


Kaiya brought me a flower ;)






::My precious girls::

Rikki is such a sweet sweet baby and I am so happy to have her here healthy and strong.
Everything went just perfect. Not much I would have changed and I was lucky to at least have my mama and sister there and then we had Rick, Monica, Sierra and Kaila. Lots of support and love!

This is just what I have for the day of the delivery I will work on getting up to date on things and have tons more pictures to come!


3 comments:

K. Bitton said...

Congrats Dani! She is a doll and I am so glad everything went well!

theluckiest said...

OH my oh my!!! Congrats. Thanks for sharing the cute pics and story. She is just so cute. And can I just had you look awesome. I look like I was about to kill some one. Miss you
Marie

BreeAnn said...

Ah such a beautiful story. So happy for you guys, she's so sweet!!