Sunday, March 20, 2011

A sad SAD day....

So on St. Patty's Day morning me and Kaiya had a mommy meetup to go to. We had to leave the house around nine thirty or so So we were running around getting ready. Well I was in the bathroom getting ready and then got the stuff to do miss Kaiya's hair and came out to the living room to do so and found this:


I freaked!

Like shaking, tears couldn't breathe kinda freaked.

I then tried to comb Kaiya's hair but had to excuse myself to go calm down...
(needless to say my cute st patty's make-up was all down my face and I now looked terrible.)

Kaiya new mommy was beyond upset I didn't even have to say anything.

So I gathered my strength and returned to the living room to try and see how bad it really was.

IT WAS BAD.

I knew that that those luscious locks that we all loved so much were going to have to be cut.
I tried to at least just save our morning and just did her hair up and headed to our play date.
I tried to just forget about the hair that day and I figured I would asses it the next day and take her to her very first haircut the next day....

Here is the assesment:



(pictures don't exactly do justice.)

And this is how much hair she really cut off. I found more after the initial picture was taken.
She heard me tell her dad the night before that I needed to take her in for a haircut (meaning trim) before the baby was born. She just wanted to help. That is what she told me. (how can you get mad at that??)

So off to Snip-its we went...



She wasn't so happy at first...

Look how LONG! *tear*


The hair.
Yes I cried once again. A lot.

And now I give you the
NEW
Kaiya
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


She looks adorable.
It is just SO SO different.
and I still miss her bum length hair but it will grow back....
(she already asked me when it was going to grow back.)


Kaiya had been ROUGH this past few weeks. Twos are NOTHING compared to threes. She has just been so mischievous. Getting into everything she knows that she shouldn't and just pushing ALL our buttons. I sure hope when the babe comes it doesn't get worse. I just don't think I can handle it. But when she is good she is an angel and no matter what I LOVE her to pieces!!

On a babies note. We so thought she was coming Friday night. I had contractions for 7+ hours at 10 minutes apart then when I went to bed they decided to pretty much stop. So she could be here any day and we are getting excited to meet her! Don't worry I will keep ya posted!

No comments: