Monday, December 13, 2010


WOW am I behind! I don't even know where I should really begin! I guess with the passing of my Grandpa, an amazing man. Grandpa passed away the beginning of November. I had a trip planned to UT over Thanksgiving so with a little tweaking I was able to figure everything out so that I was able to go to the funeral. And man I am glad it all worked out. I would have hated to miss that.


Grandpa Stanley was a great great man. He was the Father to 17, a Grandpa to 78 (plus spouses) and a Great Grandpa to 76. Talk about a BIG family. Although Grandpa was my "step" Grandpa you would have never known it. He was my Grandpa. Out of all my grandparents he was the one I was closest too. We used to go up to gma and gpa's every Sunday to eat dinner and visit. Grandpa never talked to much rather sat in his chair and looked over his family. But he always made you feel loved. He had funny little comments he would throw in that just made you laugh.

Grandpa LOVED, loved his wife, my sweet Grandma. He would have done anything and everything for her and he wanted us all to know how special she is. I will never forget when the movie The Notebook came out. He took Grandma to see it. After he was asking if we had seen it yet, I hadn't. He got this adoring look on his face, looked at Grandma and said, "It made me fall in love with your Grandma all over again." Needless to say I went to see it shortly after. I now cannot watch The Notebook and not think about how sweet there love is. Grandpa also loved the Gospel. He knew the church was true and he had a strong testimony of it. Grandpa dedicated his life to his Savior and to his family, the 2 most important things in life. And he made certain we all knew how important they both are.

I love you Grandpa.
I still cannot believe you are not here in body any longer. Your unconditional love will always be. Your example will be followed for generations I am sure. Thank you for making me feel so loved and so special. The legacy you left is amazing. You will be greatly missed.

No comments: